Early settler Matthew Pearce (1762—1831) called his 130-acre (53 ha) grant after King’s Langley Manor House in Hertfordshire, England, where he was born. Pearce’s grant was situated on the opposite side of the Windsor Road to the present day suburb of Kings Langley. One hundred years later the orchards and farm were replaced by the Kings Langley Housing Estate. It provided 1800 homesites on a 279 hectare area. In September 1973 the 4 hectare park on the estate, known as Pearce Reserve, was presented to the people of Blacktown.